Sunday 16 August 2009

War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy

War and Peace (Penguin Classics) War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy


My rating:
4 of 5 stars

Wow, what can I say? I read this in ebook format which contained 3423 pages!
I really did enjoy this book although I read it inbetween other books. I know it is considered as one of the greatest books ever written and I would have to agree with that. The book takes you through Napoleons invasion of Russia and the impact it has on five Russian Familys from the nobility. It is also a love story spreading throughout the Russian Invasion.
The ammount of characters is immense and I did struggle at first with the Russian names but got there in the end.
A lot of people I know knocked me for readig this book, calling it 'boring'. I asked them if they ever read it and most said 'no'. Maybe they should then their minds might be richer for it, because mine is.

View all my reviews >>

No comments:

Post a Comment