Thursday 12 November 2015

The Short Drop By Matthew FitzSimmons

The Short DropThe Short Drop by Matthew FitzSimmons
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Wow, what a fantastic début novel. A real page turner and I couldn't put it down. I did the classic 'just one more chapter', and then before I knew it, it was 7 am and I had stayed up all night until I had finished the book.
The writing is excellent and the characters are well defined and an intriguing plot line. I wouldn't go as far as saying that every chapter was action packed, but it didn't need to be because there was lots of suspense leaving you to want to read the next chapter to see what occurs.
I'm not going to go through the plot line as that is available in the synopsis and I believe a lot of reviewers give too much away and spoil it for potential readers.
I was lucky enough to purchase this for a £1 on pre-release but would of happily paid the £3.99, the book is riveting. I would love to see Gibson Vaughan surface in another novel :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment